Top 30 in Cosplay Idol: Asia and Australia Set D
The competition for the semi-finals for the Asia and Australia block is finally over and well, as we wait for the Finals to start; everyone wants to know who made the Top 30. I am now honored to present to you the unofficial Top 30 from the fourth batch of Asian and Australian cosplayers who competed in this year’s Cosplay Idol. The official Asian finalists from the entire category will be released this coming week so stay tuned for this!
The European blocks are still open for voting till this Sunday so you can still root for your favorites. For this batch, wait for the official announcement of the finalists next week and root for the cosplayer you want to win for the Finals. So cross your fingers and hope they win!
To the top 30, great achievement it is to be included in this list. To the incoming Top 5, congratulations, you guys deserve your slots.
Let us now countdown the Top 30 Asia & Australia Set D cosplayers
30. Andrew Voraboud as Black Rock Shooter (Male Version) from “Black Rock Shooter”
My comments: Cosplay is good… though, how did you get in a mall with a cannon that big. This cosplay could use a good photoshoot ^^
29. Saamii as Ranka Lee from “Macross Frontier”
My comment: Kawaii!!! She looks so innocent!! Just like a candy!
28. Czarina Geronimo as Akemi Homura from “Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica”
My comment: Deadly yet so young. Ironic right?
27. Mary Roldan as Witchblade/ Sara Pezzini from “Witchblade”
My comment: All I can say to this is Wow!
26. Cherry as Xiao Qiao from “Dynasty Warrior 6”
My comment: While I am not familiar with the game, I am in love with this photo! Excellent theme and the sakura blossoms effect is just perfect!
25. Irumi Nekosawa as Hatsune Miku from “Vocaloid”
My comments: Nice photo concept, though if it was a little dark, it would be a nice effect. Its a good photo all together
Tied 23-24. Lim as Iron Man Mark V from “Iron Man 2”
My comment: This version of Iron Man is quite famous, but I have to admit it is quite an elaborate piece of suit
Virginia Laminoza as Kamael from “Lineage II”
My comments: I have almost mistaken this cosplay was from Final Fantasy for some reason. But I do like the photo, dark lighting does do wonders
22. Georgina Bezemer as Lightning from “Final Fantasy XIII”
My comments: It reminds me of Kingdom Hearts and the cape effect is very convincing!
21. Dodie as Roronoa Zoro from “One Piece”
My comments: Like what I have said in the OP Special, how did you manage this pose a lot? But I like it, looks 100% like the Marimo
20. David Winarta as Kamen Rider Kuuga Ultimate Form from “Kamen Riser Kuuga”
My comments: If I were to immortalize this character, it would definitely look like this
19. Chuongtu as Hatsune Miku from “Vocaloid”
My comments: Perfect! This looks like the Figma Figurines! They are quite expensive though
18. Weiqi as Remu from “Death Note”
My comments: I only need to see Ryuk to complete my Death Note experience here in Cosplay Idol
Tied to 16-17 Lily as Chii from “Chobits”
My comments: Just… Chii~
Hare as Mikuru Asahina from “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya”
My comments: I pity Mikuru whenever she befalls one of Haruhi’s schemes, though I am in wonder in the future
15. Tracy as Yuna from “Final Fantasy X”
My comments: I do prefer Yuna’s X-2 version, but this cosplay is quite cute
14. Setsuna as Sebastian Michaelis from “Kuroshitsuji”
My comments: More of the devil Sebby! He is quite a regular in the Top 30s
13. Dean Gobbo as Hatake Kakashi from “Naruto”
My comments: This is so like Kakashi, though I believe this pose is normally seen in his battle scenes in Shippuden. Sadly he never gets a chance to kill his opponents… sigh.
12. Vocaloid as Honne Dell from “Vocaloid”
My comments: Nice photo. However, if this was a real cosplay shot, it would be better
11. Guy Singzon as Spawn Mandarin from “Spawn: Dark Ages”
My comments: A very interesting cosplay. It is very nice to see comic characters being brought to life
10. Agnes Olivia as Xiao Qiao from “Dynasty Warrior 5”
My comments: I like this photo because it looks like its a painting, very very good!
9. Irvy as Benio from “Zone-00”
My comments: I dunno why, but I think I have seen this photo before. Though this is quite a cool cosplay
8. Onnies as Black Rock Shooter from “Black Rock Shooter”
My comments: Photobook photo! Better yet, cosplay portfolio of all BRS cosplays!
7. Lucas Clarke as Aang from “Avatar the Last Airbender”
My comments: This fellow looks like the real thing!
6. AsaRemu as McDonald’s Girl
My comments: This is a nice rendition of McDonalds… I like their fries and sundaes badly. One rare rendition too
5. Julia Laurant as Princess Sakura/Tsubasa from “Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles”
My comments: I really like seeing Sakura cosplays especially TRC, not only did the story move me, the costume designs are just out of this world
4. Ami as Panty from “Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt”
My comments: I like this character very much, the photo embodies Panty very very well
3. Kenneth Ting as Zabuza Momochi from “Naruto”
My comments: Nice backdrop, though it would be cool if this was a little dark and with tons of mist! But the backdrop is really really interesting, it looks like the cosplayer is the 3d version of the character
2. Zikrie Ruford as Syaoran from “Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle”
My comments: Ah! This is from the second Illustrations book of TRC… man, he looks so dreamy there!!!
1. Zend as Alphonse Elric from “Full Metal Alchemist”
My comments: Its the sweet but strong Al who leads this group! I actually commend the photographer and the cosplayer for this photo, it looks like it came out of the book. Congratulations!
* This article is submitted by an external blogger who is not affiliated to Otaku House. The author’s views and opinons are entirely his/her own. To contribute articles or cover events for Otaku House, email us at iwanttoblog[@]otakuhouse.com.