Leading 30 in Cosplay Idol North America Album C (June 12, 2011)
Two more months till the end of the Qualifying Round and everyone is dying to know who is currently leading in each album. This group however proved that the North American cosplayers will not back down in the fight for the top slot in the finals! This post will now reveal the top 30 contestants leading for this group as of June 12, 2011 and will be listed below in descending order.
Please do remember that only the Top 5 in each group will advance to the Finals this September so anything can happen in those two months. Just keep on supporting them and if your lucky bet is not part of this list, have no fear and keep on voting for them here.
The competition is still open for those who wish to join in and the requirements are right here. But since each album has a particular limit, you will be placed in a different album so you won’t feel the pressure in battling the cosplayers in this block till the Finals. For those included in this list, your work doesn’t stop here as you still have to rake in the points to be included in the Top 5 so keep promoting your entry.
Now let’s begin counting down the Top 30 for the North American Block C Album:
(Tied to 29/30) Vincent Humchack as Terra from “Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep”
My comments: Very impressive costume, almost looked like a Kamen Rider
Julia Dionne as Sebastian from “Kuroshitsuji”
My comments: A different side of the Butler from Hell, the emo side.
28. Marya Lupin as Lulu from “Final Fantasy X”
My comments: Perfect cosplay! Can I have the Moogle?
27. Melodious Angel as The Witch from “Left 4 Dead”
My comments: Always take a small peek before opening your doors at night
26. R1KKu as Taokaka from “BlazBlue”
My comments: Have not seen the series but this reminds me of Vivi from FFIX, minus of course the teeth
25. Tiffany as Bayonetta from “Bayonetta”
My comments: I have seen the game, not played yet but this is a cool rendition of Bayonetta
(Tied to 23-24) Casey McBroom as Sam Flynn from “TRON:Legacy”
My comments: Good costume crafting there, even gotten the disk to light up like the costume
Zulma Castro as Black Rock Shooter from Vocaloid: Black Rock Shooter”
My comments: The cannon almost got me confused with those seen in Megaman games but very good photo all in all.
22. Andréanne Salvas as Tomoyo-hime from “Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles”
My comments: Very detailed cosplay I have seen for Tomoyo
21. Nina Stockman as Nia Teppelin from “Gurren Lagann”
My comments: I love this photo a lot, it does look like it came from the artbook
20. Hana Ericson as Hinata Hyuuga from “Naruto
My comments: Very simple cosplay of Hinata
19. Annie Brassard as Gaara from “Naruto: Shippuden”
My comments: Very good editing for this one, it almost seemed real
18. thezeldachick as Queen Rutela from “Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess”
My comments: I almost thought this was a painting, nicely executed! Though I couldn’t shake the novel Count of Monte Cristo while looking at this
17. Courtney Morelock as Princess Tutu from “Princess Tutu”
My comments: Ahh! I miss this series! Especially on the performances
16. Kasumi McBroom as Aqua from “Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep”
My comments: Nice keyblade and nice smile, good cosplay for Aqua
15. Riko Matsuoka as Dead Master from “Black Rock Shooter”
My comments: That scythe looks sharp, please don’t use it on me!!!
14. PxScosplay as Nero the Sable from “Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus”
My comments: Rare cosplay right here
13. Kyle Brady as Azure Kite from “.hack//Roots and .hack//G.U”
My comments: Ahhh!! My favorite character in The World!
12. Skylar Urbaniak as Female Arthas from “Warcraft”
My comments: A nice interpretation of dead Arthas, the snow effect adds the aura that he’s part of the Undead
11. tifaIA as Darth Simi from “Star Wars: Vision”
My comments: Another detailed cosplay, not much of a fan of Star Wars but this seconds Darth Vader in intricate designs
10. Todd Graziano as Old Snake from “Metal Gear Solid 4”
My comments: Despite his age, he can still beat up guys to the ground
9. Tina Lam as Hollow Ichigo from “Bleach”
My comments: Another perfect cosplay, if only the background was upside down… hmmm
8. Lola Baker as Yoko Littner from “Gurenn Lagann”
My comments: All Hail the Gurenn Lagann!!
7. Collin Royster as MasterChief from “Halo”
My comments: Woah! If this wasn’t a cosplay photo, I’d thought this was the real deal. Kudos!
6. Britt Janiszewski as Toph Bei Fong from “Avatar: The Last Airbender”
My comments: Small and blind but a terrible and deceptive fighter
5. Serena as Eternal Sailor Moon from “Sailor Moon”
My comments: My favorite Sailor Moon mode aside the Princess Serenity transformation
4. RedSonya as Raqel Gothic from “Vispo Raqel Figures”
My comments: I am not familiar with this series but nicely done. The butterfly wings reminded me of Yuuko
3. jii as Imp Midna from “The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess”
My comments: The costume seemed to look like it was painted but it just blends perfectly. The expression is also perfect
2. Wei He as Lili from “Tekken 6”
My comments: A very unusual take on Lili I have seen so far, but the costume looks very intricate
1. Steven Poirer as Master Roshi from “Dragonball Z”
My comments: The one leading this pack is the one and only Ero-Kame Sensei himself Master Roshi! Add the Kame House and a tortoise in this picture and you got yourself the real thing!
If you’d like to join the contest, click here for more information. You’ll be entered into another album where the Top 5 will enter the Finals in September 2011.